Genelec Recycling InformationGenelec Active Monitors are designed to last several years in demanding professional use. Authorized Genelec dealers provide spare parts and expert repair service, giving added life for damaged or failed units.
However, if it turns out that your Genelec monitor is damaged beyond repair, please take care that it is scrapped in an authorized recycling facility and according to your local environmental legislation. Do not attempt to dismantle the monitor yourself!
Note the following aspects about recycling some main components:
- Speaker drivers contain several different materials so they should be dismantled for recycling.
- DCW is made of plastic or aluminium, both well suited to recycling.
- Damping material is either glass wool or linen wool. Glass wool can be recycled, linen wool can be burned or composted.
- Amplifier plate is made of aluminium and can be recycled when all components have been removed.
- Rack mount amplifier casing is made of pressed steel and can be recycled.
- Amplifier components can be recycled according to your local electronic equipment recycling standards. Do not burn any of the amplifier components.
- Cables and connectors can be reused in a suitable application or recycled according to your local electronic equipment recycling standards.
- Packing material: Cardboard and plastic can be recycled or burned in a waste disposal oven. Plywood can be recycled or burned in a controlled high temperature waste disposal oven and metal parts of plywood boxes can be recycled.
- Cabinets: MDF cabinets can be burned in a controlled high temperature waste disposal oven, aluminium cabinets can be recycled.