All monitor models have thermal protection built into the power amplifiers so the dangers of overheating are reduced, however, care should still be taken to reduce the need for this function to activate.
- The 8000 / 8200 Series monitors generate some heat so a minimum of 5 cm (2") should be left behind the monitor just to be safe. Heat dissipation should generally not be a problem with these products.
- Discontinued 1029A, 2029A, 2029B, 1030A and 1031A do also generate some heat so a little space should be left behind the monitor just to be safe. Heat dissipation should generally not be a problem with these products.
- Optional rack mounting kits are available for the 1032A, 1037C, 1038B and (S30D - discontinued). An additional advantage of the rack mounting kits is that the acoustic tone controls can be easily accessed at all times, especially when the monitors are soffit flush-mounted.
- The 1038BC and 1038CF have a separate rack mounted amplifier unit as standard.
- The 1034B, 1034BC, 1039A, 1035B and 1036A all have separate rack mounted amplifier units with forced-air fan cooling.
- Subwoofers -some heat is generated so leave some space for the heat to escape from the amplifier plate.