Genelec DCW™ TechnologyThe revolutionary Directivity Control Waveguide™ (DCW™) technology greatly improves the performance of a direct radiating multi-way loudspeaker.
The DCW™ waveguide is designed to match the frequency response and directivity characteristics of the drivers in the loudspeaker. This results in an excellent flatness of the overall frequency response for on and off-axis listening positions.
The improved directivity control reduces the reflected sound energy at the listening position. This improves the stereo and sound stage imaging and ensures very small sensitivity to varying control room acoustics, actually much smaller sensitivity than with any conventional direct radiator design.
The DCW™ technology also improves the drive unit sensitivity even up to +6 dB, and therefore increases the maximum sound pressure level as well as decreases drivers and system distortion.
DCW™ Technology key features:
- Flat on and off-axis response for wider usable listening area
- Increased direct-to-reflected sound ratio for reduced control room coloration
- Improved stereo and sound stage imaging
- Increased driver efficiency
- Increased system Sound Pressure Level capacity
- Decreased drive unit distortion
- Reduced cabinet edge diffraction
- Reduced system distortion
"Studio Monitor Midrange and High-frequency Performance" article.