Sustainable materials and groundbreaking technological innovations take the M040 beyond the ordinary, offering exceptional sound qualities.
The M040 features our advanced Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) and Laminar Integrated Port (LIP™) built into our environmentally friendly Natural Composite Enclosure (NCE™). Designed by acclaimed industrial designer Harri Koskinen, the M040 is built to be truthful to the source and to ensure enduring listening performance. Every single M040 is carefully handcrafted, tested and calibrated in our factory in Finland with unmatched attention to details. Its low distortion, high output Class D amplifiers power a 6.5 inch woofer and a 1 inch tweeter housed in a large DCW and its room response controls are easy-to-use, enabling adjustment to any acoustic environment.
With Genelec M040, dream big – and see how far you can go.
44 Hz - 21 kHz (-6 dB)
± 3 dB (48 Hz - 20 kHz)
Woofer 6.5 inch + Tweeter 1 inch metal dome + DCW™
Woofer 80 W + Tweeter 50 W (All Class D)
H 337 x W 235 x D 229 mm, D 13 ¼ x 9 ¼ x 9 inch
7.4 kg / 15.4 lb
Combo XLR + ¼" plug + RCA analog input
- Recording · Genelec M040 Monitors (pdf), June 2014 (US)
- Sound On Sound · M040 ON TEST, May 2014 (GB)
- Monitor: Genelec M030, M040 · Berattigat Impulse-kop, March 2013 (SE)
- STEREO Magazin: Flucht aus dem Regieraum, April 2014 (DE)
- Recording Magazin: Druck von unten, March 2014 (DE)
- Sound & Recording Magazin: Testbericht – Genelec M040, December 2013 (DE)
- MusicTech: Genelec M Series M030 & M040 review, November 2013 (GB)
- Music Store magazine: Genelec M040 - Aktivní poslechové monitory, December 2013 (CZ)
- AMAZONA: Test: Genelec M040, aktive Studiomonitore, December 2013 (DE)
- Fairaudio BMC Audio PureDAC und Genelec M040 | D/A-Wandler und Aktivlautsprecher, November 2013 (DE)
- Delamar: Kompakter Nahfeld-Studiomonitor, September 2013 (DE)
- AudioMedia: The Internetional Buyer´s Guide (pdf), 2013 (UK)