Last month we asked you 'How can you make a studio more environmentally friendly?' After reading all your inspiring answers we've collected a list of a few of our favourites.
- Furnish with items made from recycled materials. Choose bamboo over plastic.
- Buy green energy and install solar panels on your roof.
- Only keep the necessary equipment turned on. Turn everything off when you leave.
- Connect your gear to a switched extension cord. It makes turning off your appliances easier.
- Recycle your garbage.
- Think twice before you buy a new piece of equipment.
- Use acoustic absorbers made of plant materials.
- Focus on buying only top quality and hence sustainable, long-lasting hardware.
- Use Genelecs with the ISS power-saving feature activated.
- Acquire monitors made of recycled materials.
Congratulations to our winners Ratna, Adam and Matti, new owners of a Genelec tote bag and a T-shirt, both made from 100% recycled materials.