The GLM 1.0 software has been entirely replaced with the GLM 2.0 version. The GLM 2.0 software is fully backward compatible and its latest version supports the SE System (SE7261 and 8130) as well.
Note: GLM 2.0 software calibrates and controls Genelec SAM monitors and subwoofers using Genelec Network Adapter model 8300-416.
Older Network Interface models 8200-416 and 8200-416B are not supported with GLM 2.0 software.
GLM 1.5.0 (Legacy)
GLM software version 1.5.0 runs on PC Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 desktop operating systems, as well as Macintosh computers running Mac OS X operating system version Mountain Lion (10.8) or Mavericks (10.9).
Genelec Loudspeaker Manager GLM™ 1.0
The GLM™ 1.0 Genelec Loudspeaker Manager is a monitor control networking system that manages connectivity to all 8200 Series studio monitors and 7200 Series studio subwoofers on the network – up to 30 – from cabling and labelling to complete definitions.
The GLM software is available for Windows and Mac and features adjustment of levels, distance delays and flexible room response compensation equalization as well as Symmetrical Placement EQ™ with the state-of-the-art and robust AutoCal™ automated calibration system. Standard system configurations are provided as well as provision for customised user setups. All parameters and settings are stored in system setup files or saved in each individual monitor or subwoofer if the GLM network needs to be disconnected.
GLM 1.0 Software features:
- It provides connectivity for up to twenty-five 8200 Series loudspeakers and five 7200 Series subwoofers
- Unlimited number of System Setup Files store all system level and acoustical alignment settings
- Step-by-step System Setup Wizard guides user through complete cabling connections and speaker labelling
- Rapid Cabling setups for most common system configurations
- Manual Cabling Wizard for full freedom of system configuration
- Groups of audio channels may be customized by User
- Solo/Mute function for all audio channels and Groups
- Volume control via GLM software fader, 3rd party USB controllers, or at the audio source
- Video Display Compensation to align audio with any latency inherent in digital video devices
- GLM provides interface to AutoCal™ automated acoustical self-calibration algorithm
GLM 1.0 User Kit
The basic GLM 1.0 User Kit includes the latest GLM software CD including AutoCal™, a system operating manual, a GLM Quick connection guide, the GLM 1.0 Network interface with a built-in calibration microphone amplifier, USB cable, Genelec 8200A Measurement microphone, a microphone holder and a measurement signal cable with 3.5 mm stereo plugs. Genelec AutoCal provides a fully automated multi-monitor system acoustical calibration capability.
GLM 1.0 Multiroom Expansion Kit
The GLM 1.0 software is sold with a site-license permitting installation into multiple rooms. The GLM 1.0 Multiroom expansion kit delivers a GLM 1.0 Network interface, USB cable and network cable for installation into one additional room. Each additional room needs one multiroom expansion kit.
GLM AutoCal™ provides the industry’s first integrated process for complete automated measurement, analysis, and adjustment of every monitor on the GLM control network for both Windows and Mac platforms.
- Uses factory-calibrated Genelec acoustic measurement microphone (included)
- AutoCal automatically creates a compensation file for the host soundcard
- AutoCal aligns Level and compensates Distance differences, and adjusts correct crossover phase for all subwoofers on the network.
- Acoustic Response Editor provides accurate graphical display of the measured response, filter compensation and the resulting system response for each monitor, with full manual control of acoustic setting
- SinglePoint™ and MultiPoint™ microphone positions provide measurements for one, two or three person mixing environments (ex: mixer, musician and producer positions)
- 8200 Series loudspeakers can utilize four parametric DSP notch filters and four parametric DSP shelving filters for each loudspeaker
- 7200 subwoofers utilize four parametric DSP notch filters, plus bass roll-off controls
- Vertical Axis Trim parameter exists for situations where monitor acoustic axis cannot be physically optimized.
The GLM software is a TEC (Technical Excellence & Creativity) 2007 award winner in the category Studio Monitor Technology.