Harmony Tracks 2024 Rules
1 TERMS OF GENELEC HARMONY TRACKS 2024
CAMPAIGN AND PRIZE DRAW
Genelec is organising a global 'Harmony Tracks' campaign and prize draw. The campaign runs from Wednesday 14th February 2024 at 12:00pm until Tuesday 31st December 2024 at 11:59pm, GMT+2 (“Campaign Period”). After the campaign, one (1) randomised Prize Draw will be completed on Wednesday 15th January 2025. One (1) winner of our Grand Prize will receive a pair of RAW 8330A monitors and a GLM Kit packed in a Peli Case. Two (2) further winners will receive their choice of either a pair of 8010A monitors or a pair of G One loudspeakers.
OFFICIAL RULES OF THE CAMPAIGN AND PRIZE DRAW
These official rules govern the Harmony Tracks 2024 campaign and prize draw. By submitting a Harmony Track and entering the Prize Draw, the entrant agrees to be bound by these official rules. Genelec reserves the right to reject and exclude participants from the campaign and prize draw if the official rules and conditions are not fully respected.
1. Organiser of the campaign and prize draw
The campaign and prize draw are organised by Genelec Oy, Olvitie 5, 74100 Iisalmi, Finland (“Genelec”), tel. +358 17 83 881.
2. Campaign Period
Entrants can participate in the campaign during the Campaign Period, which starts on Wednesday, February 14th, 2024, at 12:00 p.m. and ends on Tuesday, December 31st, 2024, at 11:59 p.m., GMT+2. Any entries received before or after the Campaign Period will not be accepted into the prize draw.
3. Who can participate
Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry into the campaign and subsequent prize draw. Employees of Genelec or its affiliates or partners or agents and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate. Genelec reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the entrants. No purchase is required to enter the campaign and subsequent prize draw. Additionally, a purchase will not increase the entrant's chance of winning.
4. How to participate
Eligible entrants are required to comply with and be aware of the following rules, which are agreed and accepted by the act of participation:
• Your Harmony Track is composed using a scale or chord progression rooted in the note G.
• Your Harmony Track is at least thirty seconds and no more than three minutes in length.
• The spirit of Harmony Tracks is to create an entirely new musical work, therefore, Genelec reserves the right to deem a Harmony Track ineligible for our Prize Draw if the Harmony Track is proven to be a pre-existing or previously released work that has been created for another purpose.
• Entrants may create multiple entries for Harmony Tracks. Each entry must be a unique piece of music. Entering the same piece of music more than once is not allowed. Re-entering music that has been submitted for a previous Harmony Tracks campaign year is also not allowed. Each valid/rules-compliant entry counts as a single chance of winning the Prize Draw, meaning the creation of multiple valid entries provides the Entrant with multiple chances of winning. In the case of an Entrant submitting several extremely similar musical works, Genelec reserves the right to discount the extra entries.
• Your Harmony Track must not infringe upon the copyright of any third party. As the entrant, you confirm that you own the full rights or have complete and unlimited usage permission for any copyrighted material used in your Harmony Track.
• Your Harmony Track and any accompanying video, photo or text content does not contain or promote any violent, erotic, dangerous or extreme behaviour, tobacco or alcohol or other activities with negative impacts on health or the environment. Nor may it contain or promote anything in relation to gambling or betting, discriminating behaviour, or the spreading of discriminating messages of any kind.
• Your Harmony Track is rendered as part of a video file including Genelec's downloadable Harmony Tracks animation at the beginning and is uploaded to your YouTube channel, with 'Visibility' set to 'Public'. As an alternative to uploading to YouTube, your Harmony Track may be uploaded to Soundcloud and must then use Genelec's Harmony Tracks artwork and have 'Privacy' set to 'Public'.
• On YouTube, the description field of your Harmony Track must include your interview answers and the hashtags #GenelecHarmonyTracks and #GenelecHT24. If uploading to Soundcloud, the description field of your Harmony Track must include your interview answers and the hashtags #GenelecHarmonyTracks and #GenelecHT24 must be added to the 'Additional tags' field. On both YouTube and Soundcloud, your interview answers must match the questions included in our downloadable ‘Harmony Pack’.
• Your Harmony Track must be submitted to the campaign and prize draw by successfully completing the submission form on Genelec's official Harmony Tracks web page – including your correctly written Harmony Track YouTube or Soundcloud link, email and geographic location.
• Your Harmony Track is only eligible for our prize draw if you have followed the above rules and successfully submitted your Harmony Track via the submission form on our website.
• Genelec does not claim any ownership of, or rights to, your Harmony Track beyond the points stated below.
• Genelec reserves the right to use the music you submit to the Harmony Tracks campaign for marketing purposes on our website, social media channels and any other digital platforms, excluding monetised streaming platforms such as Spotify, Tidal and Deezer. You agree to whitelist your Harmony Tracks music for Genelec to enable such non-monetised usage, where applicable.
• Genelec will not directly monetise any music submitted to the Harmony Tracks campaign through commercial streaming, physical publishing or any other source of royalty collection or streaming revenue.
• In the eventuality that Genelec would like to explore other uses of your Harmony Track, Genelec reserves the right to approach you for negotiation.
5. The Prize Draw and Prize
The one (1) Grand Prize winner and two (2) runner-up prize winners will be randomly drawn by Genelec on Wednesday 15th January 2025 from among all eligible entries. Entrants need not be present to win. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. There is no entry fee to enter the prize draw. The entries must not be sent in through agents, third parties or on behalf of another person. Such entries are void. Bulk entries are void and cannot be accepted. The winner will be notified personally by email.
The winner will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within seven (7) days from the date of the email. If the prize winner cannot or will not accept the prize, or the winner is not reached with the email, the original winner will forfeit the prize and a redraw shall be conducted immediately and the new winner will be notified via email on the day the redraw has been finalised.
The Grand Prize is a pair of RAW 8330A monitors and a GLM Kit packed in a Peli Case. The two identical runner-up prizes are offered. These are the recipient's choice of either a pair of 8010A monitors or a pair of G One loudspeakers. All taxes related to this campaign and prize draw, if any, are the responsibility of the organiser of the prize draw. No substitution or transfer of the prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of Genelec. No cash alternatives will be offered. Genelec is also responsible for the shipping fees of the prize.
Grand Prize winner becoming a Harmony Tracks Ambassador
Genelec may offer the Grand Prize winner the opportunity to feature as a Harmony Tracks Ambassador in future editions of Harmony Tracks. Genelec reserves the right to not pursue or not complete this kind of offer and, if the Grand Prize Winner requests the opportunity to be a Harmony Tracks Ambassador, Genelec reserves the right to deny that request. The Grand Prize Winner also reserves the right to refuse the place of Harmony Tracks Ambassador, should it be offered to them. If the place of Harmony Tracks Ambassador is offered to the Grand Prize Winner by Genelec and the Grand Prize Winner accepts the offer, both Genelec and the Grand Prize Winner reserve the right to end the agreement at any time by submitting written notice via email to the other party.
6. Music Fund
For every rules-compliant and unique Harmony Track that is successfully submitted via our website form, Genelec will donate ten euro (€10) to the charity Music Fund, up to a total all-encompassing limit of ten thousand euro (€10 000).
7. Personal data and publicity
Applicable to Australia
Nothing in these Official Rules limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investment Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees.
Applicable to all territories
Genelec is not liable for any indirect damages or damages that the organiser could not reasonably have foreseen. Genelec is not liable for damages caused by third parties or reasons not attributable to the organizer (such as interruption of the campaign/prize draw or damages attributable to a failure in network connections/communications). Genelec accepts no responsibility whatsoever for damage or loss resulting from late, misdirected or incomplete entries, and by taking part in the campaign the entrant warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete at the time of submission. It is entrant’s sole responsibility to ensure that entrant’s (contact information) details are accurate. Genelec accepts no responsibility for any changes which are not properly notified according to the timelines stated in these Official Rules of the campaign and prize draw.
The prize winner shall relieve Genelec and all of the companies that participated in planning and implementing the campaign and prize draw from all responsibility relating to injury or damage arising from entering into the campaign and prize draw or from redeeming and using the prize.
The promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. All entrants release Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn of all liability associated with this promotion.