The Genelec M040 was in production between 2013 and 2019.
Created by acclaimed industrial designer Harri Koskinen and handcrafted to perfection, every flagship M040 represents the optimum balance between affordability, world-leading innovation and uncompromising performance. Discover the details in your mix with the precise on- and off-axis frequency reproduction of the Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™), and painstaking bass reproduction of the Laminar Integrated Port (LIP™). Both are integrated into the breakthrough Natural Composite Enclosure (NCE™), itself a huge step forward in sustainable, environmentally friendly enclosure design. Inside, Class D amplifiers power a 6 1/2 inch woofer and 1 inch tweeter, all combining to bring you colour-free, accurate reproduction.
With simple-to-use room response controls to accommodate any acoustic environment, the Genelec M040 will help you realise your true potential.
- Recording · Genelec M040 Monitors (pdf), June 2014 (US)
- Sound On Sound · M040 ON TEST, May 2014 (GB)
- Monitor: Genelec M030, M040 · Berattigat Impulse-kop, March 2013 (SE)
- STEREO Magazin: Flucht aus dem Regieraum, April 2014 (DE)
- Recording Magazin: Druck von unten, March 2014 (DE)
- Sound & Recording Magazin: Testbericht – Genelec M040, December 2013 (DE)
- MusicTech: Genelec M Series M030 & M040 review, November 2013 (GB)
- Music Store magazine: Genelec M040 - Aktivní poslechové monitory, December 2013 (CZ)
- AMAZONA: Test: Genelec M040, aktive Studiomonitore, December 2013 (DE)
- Fairaudio BMC Audio PureDAC und Genelec M040 | D/A-Wandler und Aktivlautsprecher, November 2013 (DE)
- Delamar: Kompakter Nahfeld-Studiomonitor, September 2013 (DE)
- AudioMedia: The Internetional Buyer´s Guide (pdf), 2013 (UK)