The Genelec 5040A was in production between 2008 and 2013. It was replaced by the 5040B model.
The Genelec 5040A is an extremely compact and accurate active subwoofer designed to complement up to five 6010B monitors.
Reaching down to 35 Hz and perfectly matched with 6010B's monitors, the 5040A conveniently features a remote volume control allowing adjustment of the entire sound system as well as versatile acoustic controls for perfect room integration. The 5040A features Genelec Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS™) circuitry which switches the monitor to standby when no audio input is detected (ErP 2013 Directive).
The 5040A is the ideal source of bass reproduction for small reproduction systems where space is at a premium.
- Maximum sound pressure level: 98 dB
- Frequency response: Main 35 - 85 Hz (± 3 dB), LFE 35 - 120 Hz (± 3 dB)
- Phase correcting: 0 to -270° (90° steps)
- Driver dimension: 6.5 in Active
- Amplifier power: 40 W
- Dimensions: H x D 251 x 305 mm
- Weight: 6.3 kg (13.9 lb)
- Connectors: 5.1 RCA analog in, 1 x 3.5 mm stereo jack in, 5 x RCA analog out
Player, March 2011 (DE)
Studio Magazin, September 2008 (DE)
Mac Life, November 2008 (DE)
Sound & Recording, November 2008 (DE)
Keys Magazin, December 2008 (DE)
Video Aktiv Digital Magazin, January 2009 (DE)
E-Gear (pdf) (on-line), January 2009 (US)
Music Tech Magazine (pdf), February 2009 (UK)
Hifimaailma Magazine, February 2009 (FI)