null 6 steps to creating your Sonic Reference - Step 6: How GLM works – a deep technical dive
6 steps to creating your Sonic Reference - Step 6: How GLM works – a deep technical dive
• Stereophonic reproduction and virtual sound images
• Shared agreements about the reproduction system
• Monitoring loudspeakers and the room as a system
• Gear needed: measurement microphone, mic pre, measurement and analysis tools
• Methods of measuring acoustics, from history to present
• What needs to be calibrated: sound colour, time of flight, level
• How these best practices are applied in GLM 4
An intermediate knowledge of GLM is required. Access to Genelec Smart Active Monitors and GLM software is an advantage, but not essential.
Meet the Presenter
Aki joined Genelec in 1995, and brought huge expertise in Digital Signal Processing from his previous role at the Nokia Research Centre. Having skilfully shown us how he could replace the analogue filters of our iconic 1031A monitor with entirely digital processing, Aki joined our R&D team to pioneer the creation of the original 8200 range – our very first Smart Active Monitors –finally becoming R&D director in 2013. Aki is universally recognised throughout the audio industry as a multi-talented technology leader, a published researcher and a knowledgeable lecturer, and he has greatly contributed to our global success and to many technical innovations in his field of expertise.